Sunday 13 April 2014

Why Aye Man - A Geordie Brief Encounter

Today on a training ride through Pacific Spirit Park we met Bob Allan and I immediately recognised the Geordie accent.  He moved to Canada from Newcastle over 55 years ago, lived in Montreal then settled in North Vancouver.  At 86 years young he is a member of the Vancouver Velo Vets and was out on a training session in preparation for a tour the following day. He was keen to look at our tandem as he had had one many years earlier with his wife.  He was an inspiration.  I wish, I wish that Clif was as fit as Bob and then our cycle across Canada would be much easier for me :)
Susan

1 comment:

  1. "I wish, I wish that Clif was as fit as Bob and then our cycle across Canada would be much easier for me"

    Early days though. Give him time ;-)

    ReplyDelete